Ok so first of all, I must say how excited I am about doing this! This is my first blog/journal and I promise to be completely transparent and honest. Yes, I will post my weight publicly and it doesn't bother me! So with that being said, here we go!
Since I'm starting this almost three and a half months into my journey, I'm just gonna start from years ago and work my way into the present!
The idea of losing weight, or dream of losing weight, has always been in the back of my head. In junior high, I started Weight Watchers and lost a significant amount of weight. I would take healthy lunches with me to school and would never think twice about it. Then came the transition from junior high to high school. I no longer wanted to bring my lunch with me and I didn't. JHS had "the pit" which meant I could have chicken strips, cheese fries, ice cream, pizza, anything I wanted any day of the week. Still to this day, I can taste those delicious chicken strips! But anyway!! I started working at KFC when I turned 16, then Shake's Frozen Custard after that. The pounds started slipping back on but it never really bothered me. In February 2010, I started working at Fox's Pizza Den and I would eat pizza almost every day, if not twice a day, for over a year. After leaving that job, I began work at Jordan's Kwik Stop, where I ate gas station food every day for another year. At this point, I was starting to get completely disgusted so I made an attempt to change and it lasted for about a month, if that. In July 2012, I went on a mission trip to Spokane and upon boarding the plane, I sat down in my seat and I couldn't buckle my seat belt. That broke my heart, I freaked out then proceeded to cry. When the flight attendant handed me the extension, I had never felt such humiliation. I decided right then that changes needed to be made.
But it wasn't until December that I randomly woke up one morning with amazing willpower and motivation, knowing that it was MY time! As long as I live, I don't think I could ever forget that feeling and I hope I never do. It was just so powerful, sudden, and mind blowing. It was exactly what I needed! On January 2, 2013, I joined Weight Watchers again, weighing 271 pounds. Stepping off that scale, I was so angry with myself but I turned that anger into motivation and KNEW that I'd never see that number again. I lost 4 pounds in my first week and felt like a champ! I was working out and eating healthy every day and it showed! I joined Fitness Bootcamp Unlimited shortly after that and it is by far one of the best decisions I've ever made! It whooped my fat butt every stinkin day!! There were days when it took all I had just to put one foot in front of the other! Slowly but surely, my body began to get used to the changes and that made me feel even better! On January 24th, I took my first body measurements and yes, they were horrible but I knew they would change just like my weight was changing. I continued exercising and eating healthy but quit Weight Watchers because I didn't see a point in paying for two programs when I could do everything plus some with bootcamp. A month rolled around and it was time to take my measurements. I stood there, in the exact same clothes as last time, and patiently waited to see the results, freaking out on the inside! Overall, I was down 42 inches in one month!!! I absolutely could not believe it!! I done everything but cry during bootcamp and I pushed myself even harder that day. At this point, I had dropped a jean size and I remember not being able to stop smiling when that happened!
Now with all that being said, you have to realize that weight loss isn't always sunshine and daisies! Some days are just flat out hard! I've had my days where I've completely messed up and set myself back an entire week but the important thing to me is that I am back on track, down almost 31 pounds and almost 50 inches! Everyday presents a new struggle. There are some days where I'd like to go to Pizza Inn and binge but I haven't and I won't because that will just make reaching my goal harder than it already is. There are times, like today, that I'd rather have barbeque chips instead of apple slices and Dr. Pepper instead of water. But I overcome those cravings! I picture myself being under 200 pounds, in a size 12 jean, and a large top (just an example because I'm going to be smaller)! I remember how it feels to step on a scale and see a smaller number than last time but most of all, I remember the people who are seeing me change and I remember their encouragement and that makes me happily eat my apple slices and drink my water!! ♥
Thank you everyone for your encouragement, you have no idea how great of a help it is! I love you all and I hope you enjoyed this! ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment